Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Entry #1 - One Childhood Memory Tied to...(Agriculture, Culture, Health, Technology, Tourism or Social Entrepreneurship)



When I was a little girl my parents would take us on special family weekend outings.  I really looked forward to these and they hold a special memory for me as those times went by too quickly.  One of our most favourite places to visit was a farmer’s market and grocery called Delicious Orchards. A typical outing would consist of the drive, park, shop and eat -- snacking on our treats as soon as we got back to the car in the parking lot.

I can imagine today as if it were yesterday...As we pulled up to the market, I would get so excited seeing the big sign outside in anticipation of stepping out and running through the doors to the colors, smells and flavours that awaited. The colors of the fresh fruit and vegetables grown mostly locally.  The smells of the fresh baked goods especially the pies filled with seasonal offerings and old staples like classic apples or my personal choice...coconut custard.  I will have to make my own this weekend since I now crave that flavor.

Agriculture to me is being close to the earth.  For memories of the farms of my New Jersey childhood..Delicious Orchards is the symbol for me of family moments, relaxing weekends and tasty treats locally grown and enjoyed.

Collage of Delicious Orchards and memories of farm to table

Back to Table of Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Future Entrepreneurs

Teaching in higher education in Croatia for almost 20 years, I have mostly been in the private sector.  But I am happy when learners re...